* Rental weeks usually run Friday to Friday. For availability/prices of short-stays (minimum 3 nights) or long-stays, please contact us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To arrange a booking, please contact us.
Payment and confirmation
Payment for bookings is by cheque or bank transfer. Unfortunately we are unable to accept credit/debit card payments.
For full week bookings, we ask for a deposit of 30% of the total booking cost. A booking is confirmed when we have received your cheque/bank transfer for 30% of the total cost of the booking. At this time we will send you a confirmation letter and an information pack with directions to Rathgar and other details. The remaining 70% balance is due 6 weeks before your arrival.
For shorter stays, or those booked less than 8 weeks in advance of the dates booked, we ask for full payment at the time of booking.
Receipts are issued by post for deposits and full payments. We will hold bookings for 7 days - if payment is not received within that period we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
PLEASE NOTE - We do advise that you take out holiday cancellation insurance – this protects you should you need to cancel your booking.
Should you need to cancel your booking, please:
1. Let us know us soon as possible by phone (01603) 715722 or 07802 709352; and
2. Send us written confirmation of cancellation (by email or post). Written confirmation must be from the person who made the booking.
Once we receive confirmation of your cancellation, we will make reasonable endeavours to re-sell the dates you have booked. If we succeed in doing this, we will return all monies paid minus a £50 administration fee.
If we can only re-sell some of the dates you have booked, we will charge a £50 administration fee and our cancellation charges (below) will apply to the number of nights’ booking we have been unable to re-sell.
If we are unable to re-sell any of the dates you have booked, our cancellation charges (below) apply in full.
Where cancellation notice is received after the 30% deposit has been paid and no less than 8 weeks prior to the booking start date: 30% of the total booking cost.
Where cancellation notice is received after the remaining balance is due and/or been paid and less than 8 weeks prior to the booking start date: 100% of the total booking cost.
Arrival and departure
For stays in high season, on arrival days you may arrive at Rathgar at any time after 4pm. On departure days, please ensure you vacate by 11.30 am.
For stays out of high season, we can often be more flexible about arrival and departure times, but please discuss this with us in advance. Unless we have agreed otherwise the timings above should be considered to apply.
Please treat Rathgar with respect and leave it as you would wish to find it.
Bed linen and towels
Duvets and pillows are provided for each bed (including the sofabed), however visitors are asked to bring their own sheets, duvet covers, pillowcases and towels. The double beds in the main house are 5' and 4'6" respectively. The double in the "Castle" is 5'.
A cot is available upon request, however you would need to bring (or hire) linen for it.
If you would like to hire bed linen, towels, etc. we can put you in touch with a local service. Please contact us or further details.
Fixtures and fittings
We endeavour to make sure that all fixtures and fittings are in good serviceable order. If anything needs attention, please let us know as soon as possible and we’ll get it addressed as best we can, either directly or through our local caretaker.
We do ask visitors to let us know as soon as possible if they break anything during their stay so we can do our best to get a replacement organised in time for the next visitors’ arrival.
Well-behaved pets with adequate flea protection used to travelling with their owners are welcome at Rathgar, subject to prior arrangement.
Noise and nuisance
Lower Batson is a quiet and tranquil place. Due to that and its surrounding hills, noise does tend to travel. Please be considerate to others in the amount of noise you make outside, so that the rare atmosphere of the village is preserved.
Out of respect to future visitors, we do ask that you refrain from smoking in the house.
Price per week* (2022)
January - April; October - December '22: £695 (Easter / Half term / Christmas / New Year holidays £1,115)
May, June & September '22: £1,045 (Whitsun £1,150)
July & August '22: £1,920